Saturday, April 21, 2012

Not your average "Grand Slam" breakfast

Watch out Denny's! Breakfast with run-of-the-mill chicken eggs is SOOOO 2011. Turkey eggs are where it's at! One of the community organizations I'm doing some work for raises turkeys and geese for the orphange they support. After finishing up some work on Friday, I was given a bag of five turkey eggs. Seems strange to travel half-way across the globe to eat turkey eggs!

They're slightly larger than chicken eggs. This particular breed drops speckled eggs. They were wiped off, but still so fresh I had to wash them with dish soap to get rid of the odor (and any bacteria).

The membrane between the shell and white/yolk is thicker so they were harder to crack. I fried them over easy, not breaking the yolk but cooking them through just in case.

Then I set them on toast, slapped a half cheddar single on each and completed the meal with a hot dog (there is no breakfast sausage and I don't usually have bacon in the house).

No comments:

Post a Comment