Saturday, April 21, 2012

4th & 5th "Olympics"

4th & 5th grades are just learning English so they don't really have any competitions. But last year Choibalsan decided to have a sort of Team Olympics for them. It all started at 8am on Saturday morning. Ugh. Good thing the kids are so damn cute! Koty and I dictated the listening. Dornod Institute English teachers judged (was nice to be off the hook for that!).

My participating 4th graders.

My participating 5th graders (and, although I shouldn't admit it, my favorite kids).

Shine Khogjil represent!

The awards ceremony kicked off with a solo by this young woman.

Then a duet.

Then this young man did a great dance.

 





Then this young man playing a flute. Too bad we could barely hear him over the music. :(

There was a final group dance I took video of but the internet has been really slow lately and the upload keeps failing.

We took some photos on the walk home. This is the flour factory.


They make a damn good sourdough.

The old sports complex.

The power plant.

Hello smokestack!

A Dornod sign, missing the final "D" so...

...I'm a Cyrillic "D" to complete it!

Oh hi. I'm just chillaxin'.


No clue what this building is, but there was a ger and a sign so we had to take pictures!

Knock! Knock!

A nicer pose.

Yeah Choibalsan!

Damn tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment