In the spirit of the holidays, I asked my CPs if I could take a break from the mandates of the book and teach a holiday-themed lesson. Especially given the confusion between what exactly Christmas is vis a vis Shin Jil (New Year) and Tsagaan Sar (Lunar New Year). They enthusiastically agreed, and I enthusiastically began planning. All I can say now is be careful what you wish for...
Teaching my CPs about major world religions' holidays as well as a few other "American" holidays and observances. And yes, I did color-code holidays as religious, secular, and formerly religious but now observed as secular, courtesy of the multi-color white board markers Mom sent. баярлалаа Mom!
My CPs.
Teaching 11th graders the difference between Christmas, Shin Jil and Tsagaan Sar, as well as "Let It Snow!"
Same (simplified) lesson for the 5th grade English Club.
They were angels sitting through my terrible singing. Good thing I was able to let iTunes do most of the work!
If I have to write out and sing this dang song one more time my ears just might start to bleed. бaяpтaй, "Let It Snow!" We had a good run, but our time together is over.

No comments:
Post a Comment