Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Cheer

My mission today was to bring a little holiday cheer to my sparsely decorated apartment. I wanted to find "bee-bee 'ights" and a jijig mod (little tree). As I have my mother's taste, the medium-sized tree and multifunction LED lights I really wanted were out of my budget; just couldn't justify spending 61,500T (or about 1/4 my monthly allotment) on something I'll be leaving behind. So I am still without lights BUT I now have a xamgiin jijig mod (very little tree). Yeay! The ornaments I got in UB are still taped to the freezer, however. Oh well! It's beginning to look *a bit* like Christmas...

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really."


My awesome Mongol boot and camel ornaments from the fair-trade store. Made in Mongolia by Mongolian women, proceeds supporting Mongolian women.

Update: I found lights and ball ornaments!


Added the lights to the tree. The blink though, so they may not stay...Grr.

Ball ornaments hanging over the entrance.


Ball ornaments hanging over the double-doors leading into the living room.

Tinsel hanging in front of the porch door/windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment