After COS, I flew out to Choibalsan. I wanted to visit the place where it all began, my home for two years, and say some goodbyes.
The airport in UB; not sure I ever took a picture of it.
Spicy, Koty's cat. She was such a snuggle bug all week!
On Monday I went to school and surprised my old CPs!
Hangin' with the APDC crew.
When my students got wind of my presence, they made me come back to school. We played an impromptu game of Jeopardy! and chatted. I was blown away by their continued commitment to English language learning.
Tried to go see Bujin at LEOS but she was in UB; she got pheasants and ducks in the last year!
She still has the geese...
And turkeys!
We went to the new Coffee Shop (yes, that's its name).
I think I was more excited about the Cherry & Vanilla Coke than the coffee!
The library (where I spent many, many hours on community projects) was added on to; upstairs there was an exhibition of Mongol Script.
Ice cream, wine in jars, and cheesy movies, just like old times!
Oh Spicy gurl!
A duck out by the river, near where I lay Bams to rest. I wanted to go out and say a final goodbye to her.
So many hours out there!
The powerplant, aka the beacon of hope on the looooong bus ride.
The development is finally finished, though no one lives there yet.
Everything was so green while I was there!
Playing tourist.
This was "Stream" when I was there; now it's an Irish Pub...but with nothing Irish on the menu.
The powerplant and cooling pools workin' hard.
Back where it really all began: the Pilots' Memorial, the first place our senior sitemates took us when we were new in C-town back in August 2011.
Gonna miss this hudoo!
Dinner with the C-town PCVs and our Mongolian friends.
At the bouncy-floor club.
And a surprise visit at the airport just before I left!
Yum! Dornod Bread! In addition to eating it all week, I had to bring a loaf back to UB.
It was very strange visiting the place that was so formative, so impactful, so meaningful to me.
It was almost a year to the day that I had left, and while a lot had changed, it still felt familiar and like home. I am so glad I was able to make it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment