Sunday, May 25, 2014

COS Conference, Version 2.0


The first week of May we had our Close of Service (COS) conference.  It was a time for the senior class to gather, reflect on their service, begin to think about what's coming next, figure out the logistics of leaving, and say some hard goodbyes.  This was the last time the entire group would be together, and with staggered leave dates conflicting with summer work/travel, goodbyes were inevitable.  

This was my second time going to this conference and I was far more emotional this time than last.  While last time I said goodbye to my cohort, agonizing as that was, this time I was saying goodbye to my service and my friends.  I cried, a lot.  But I also learned a lot.

The night before we had a Lord Of The Rings theme party.  It was really fun!

 The hotel we stayed at.



 Koty and I led trivia; super fun!  Nearly everyone participated.

 Lots of fun with good friends.




 A new tradition: COS certificates with the Ambassador and Country Director!

 Our amazing staff.

 The M22s!

 Our Country Director and Safety & Security Manager singing "Take Me Home"

The COS-ing class of 2014!

After the conference, and knowing we'd all be going our separate ways soon, we resolved to host the Great Mongol Beer Challenge V2.0:  7 tasters, 14 Mongolian beers, blindfolded.

 Leonardo was an honorary participant.




We had a lot of fun, but then, of course, cried when we ended the night.  Goodbyes are never easy, but we know it's not forever.  With friends, like this, how could it be!?

No comments:

Post a Comment