Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Traveling around Selenge & Darkhan-Uul

On Sunday I traveled with our medical staff (they administered shots) to distribute lost items, missing water filter parts, and just help out.  It was great to see the PCTs again, hear how their first weekend was, and to finally get to see four of the five training sites.

 Orkhon jims' school

 Orkhon jims

 Shaamar's school

 Shaamar

 Sukhbaatar Ger District School 6

 Sukhbaatar Ger District

 Sukhbaatar Ger District

I thought I had taken a picture of Sukhbaatar School 4 when we went for the host family meeting on May 25th so I didn't snap one on Sunday..but it turns out I didn't so...next time.

 The Darkhan sign as the sun sets

Then on Tuesday I tagged along with the Orkhon/Shaamar team to observe the Orkhon TEFL tech session.

 Orkhon jims (not to be confused with my training site, Orkhon.  Yes, there are two [three actually, there's also Orkhon tuul] and they have nearly the same name.)

 The Tuesday Orkhon/Shaamar team in front of the Orkhon sign.


 The pretty scenery between Orkhon jims and Darkhan

 The team in front of the Darkhan sign

 The beam is wider than it looks and I have hunks of flesh missing from my biceps where it was gouged out.  Ouchies!

 This was the sweetest, CRAZIEST dog...

One of Darkhan's sprawling ger districts

It was great to get out of the office, see the countryside, and of course, observe the trainers doing what they do & seeing the trainees.  Not sure what site I'll visit next, but excited to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment