Sunday, March 31, 2013

Summer Plans

As some of you may have heard, on the 19th I was offered the Deputy Training Manager position for Pre-Service Training in Darkhan this summer.  This position works in partnership with the training staff to finalize training materials then manage (and facilitate when necessary) the entire summer's training for the new class of volunteers.  It is not a position that we, volunteers, apply for.  I heard through the grapevine that my regional bosses Bayar & Khaliunaa and my friend Zoloo suggested me to Saraa and the training staff.  I was very honored!  And because this is such an honor, on the 21st I accepted the offer!  It will sadly mean moving out of Choibalsan in about a month (instead of sometime in June or July) to get started, but I'm ready for this challenge.  Saying goodbye to friends and co-workers here all that much sooner will certainly be difficult, but they understand what an exciting and impactful opportunity this is.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment