Sunday, February 3, 2013
Bummer of an update...
After two emails going unresponded (is that a word!?) to, I sent a facebook message to the former PCV who had been working with (but stopped back in December) the PUC-Mongolia program at Texas, the one who first got word out to current volunteers about this program. She confirmed my suspicions: my shelter project will not be funded. I am
pretty broken up about this, but not for me, for my community. I wish
those advocating for this project and making the financial decisions
could have seen the project through my eyes, seen the women and children
it would have saved, and treated it with the respect it deserved. And that they would have had the professional courtesy to tell me the project was a no-go. But I
am NOT deterred; already this morning I am researching, contacting and
sending off the proposal to try to find funding elsewhere. It may be a
very, very long shot, but I have to do something. Wish this underdog
some massive luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment