Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Party Numero Uno

Last night we celebrated the holidays with our Access students.  It was so much fun, but very bittersweet as well.  See, the Access program is only for two years and all these kids are finished at the end of next week.  I've been teaching them for the last year and a half and to say that I've grown very fond of them is an understatement.  Because they are the highest English-language level students in the city, we are often able to digress from the text and have real conversations about anything and everything.  They are a wonderful bunch of kids and I will miss them dearly. 

 Altanshand was the MC.

 Latin Ballroom performance by School 8 (with a few ringer boys as their partners).

 Goomaral playing One Republic's "Secrets."

 Shine Khogjil skit.

 Altanzaya singing a Mongolian song.

 B. Nomin-Erdene playing the piano.

 Girls from School 6 singing "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree."

 Battuul thanking the teachers.  I cried.

 Binderya introducing the first game.

 It's EXACTLY what it looks like.

 Game two: Teachers act out an animal, student partner draws it then writes a funny sentence.  I was an elephant.

 We didn't win, but I was still very proud of my Goomaral.

 The cake!

 Group shot, including library staff.

 The students presented each of us teachers with a small gift.

 Shine Khogjil REPRESENT!








 The teachers: Nemekhee, Koty, me, Zoloo, Sarah.

With Binderya, recreating our Halloween photo. :)

Three more parties to go: APDC on Saturday, expats on Sunday, and my school on the 30th.  Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment