Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sounds of Summer

I've been wearing shorts/skirts and tees/tank-tops for nearly two weeks.  Where was spring!?  Not that I'm complaining; spring around here meant sandstorms that stung your flesh and kept everything coated in grime.  And as you all know, summer is my favorite season.  Yeay warm!  I've been taking Bambuul to the Fake Lake for our walks lately.  Taking a leisurely stroll around a body of water reminds me of home, and inevitably there are kids around who want to distract entertain Bams for a bit.

 Ger district on the way to the Fake Lake.

  
Ger district.

 
A ger in the...wait for it...Ger district!

 Water station for the "North Side" ger district.

  
Panoramic of the Fake Lake.

The Fake Lake.

Statue in the middle of the Fake Lake.

  
Strays in the Fake Lake.

 
Ducks in the Fake Lake.

And this, the glorious sound of summer.  I miss hearing the frogs announce the arrival of summer in our front pond. 

  
People chillin' at the Fake Lake.
 Ger the Fake Lake workers live in.

 Burning trash on a rooftop.

The NEW jumbotron next to the Khaan Bank.  Now you can sit in the town square and watch the fountain OR tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment