My downfall was going to my TOEFL class and Speaking Club last Friday. I was completely incapacitated when I got home. Saturday and Sunday I reverted to a child, wishing my mother would appear to bring me soup & Jell-O (and some better drugs!). I writhed in bed, fighting the chills while sweating profusely and blowing my nose raw. I then made the dreadful mistake of going to dinner on Sunday night when Ambassador Addleton was in town. While I had met and talked with him before, I didn't want to miss him being here. Definitely set myself back with that 4-hour excursion. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I quarantined myself, only leaving the apartment to let Bambuul out (which is itself a cruel twist: it's been lovely spring weather here, weather suitable for long walks and energy burning). I've watched a ridiculous amount of movies and TV. And I've been playing with my new camera, shooting the only subject available to me. Oh get ready for it. More Bambuul pictures:
Furminator + PediPaws = Best Groomed Dog in Mongolia!
Thanks for the new chews, Grammy!
Nom! Nom! Nom!
This is her shame face because she ate the whole chew in 10 minutes.
She was so good while I was sick, napping by my side.
Longingly looking out the window, but Mom's too sick to go for a walk.
I haz an ich.
Hangin' out in Mama's lap while Mama reads a book.
Oh hi Monkey!
The Aimag Olympics were pretty much a bust for my school. Our 9th grader took 18th, our 11th grader 11th, and the two participating teachers took 12th and 22nd. The Ministry banned 10th graders from taking the 11th grade test with only about a week's notice. My school's replacement was a weak contender to begin with, in addition to minimal prep time. My 10th grader Altanshand (the 11th grade city test winner) and I have been preparing all year. It was devastating to say the least. But as a true Wild and Twins fan I'm oft to say, "There's always next year..."
I know when I am sick my pup always makes me feel slightly better. She always knows when I am feeling under the weather and doesn't leave my side. Glad you had Bam's to keep you company while you were stuck inside for days.
ReplyDelete