Saturday, November 12, 2011

AMEPИK XOOЛ

I've gotten some care packages in the last two weeks, and all I can say is THANK YOU! You have no idea how wonderful (see: kid on Christmas morning) getting a care package is. Especially when it includes...Amerik khool (American food)! I got a box of DOTS, one of my top 5 favorite candies, which I polished off on the way home from the post office. Ha! And instant meal kits are a life-saver on my 12-hour days. But you all know I love to cook, so it's the arrival of herbs and spices that's really fantastic. This last week I've had cinnamon-sugar toast, peanut butter toast and Craisins kash for breakfast; chipotle mayo dip w/ veggies, "fajitas" and french toast for brunch/lunches; Indian couscous, miso soup and tonight: chili for dinners! Yum!


Cinnamon = French Toast


Chili Powder + Cumin = "Fajitas" (Seasoned peppers, onions and garlic; seasoned rice; and now with a fully functional can opener, refried beans.)


Chili powder + Cumin + Cayenne = Chili (Made in the rice cooker because I don't have a crock pot; corn also courtesy of my awesome new can opener.)

I should also mention that one of those packages included two pairs of jeans that are TWO sizes smaller than I wore in the States. They fit just about perfect! Just a smidge too big, which is WONDERFUL! Unintended byproduct of this experience for sure, but certainly a welcome one.

No comments:

Post a Comment