Saturday, April 5, 2014

Zaisan Part Two

The weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS here lately!  60s and sunny...Sorry Minnesota!  Okay, not really...  ;)  Last weekend we decided to take advantage and do some outdoor sight-seeing.  Cedell had never seen Zaisan, and though I went out there with my friend Bryce last year, I knew it would be good exercise (so many stairs!) and good company.

It turned out to be an awesome day: I got to hold a Golden Eagle, we successfully negotiated a lower price on souvenirs (by telling the seller, in Mongolian, that we were Peace Corps Volunteers and NOT tourists), and enjoyed the finally fresh air.

 Up at the top!

 Holding the Golden Eagle.  Apparently, that is my official giant bird holding shirt.

 In the memorial park across from Zaisan, with the Zaisan monument on the hill in the background.

At the big golden Buddha, I found my new pet kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment