Khentii was great, having a group of us all together to celebrate the holiday...Plus it was nice to get out of the smog for a weekend! We started the day in Halee's ger, just us girls, with sloppy joes for lunch and just hanging out. Then we moved over to Marilyn's apartment for chicken dinner with all the trimmings, gift exchange, games and a talent show/pageant. We had so much fun!
In the ger.
The whole gang!
Then on Christmas eve, I made a beef tenderloin for me, Koty & Max. We watched Christmas movies and kept it low key. Christmas day Koty & I relived our "tradition" (if you can call anything that's happened for the two previous years a tradition): big brunch and Christmas movie marathon in our jammies. Then we got dressed and went to the Ambassadors house for appetizers and mingling. It was really nice! We wrapped the day with a pork shank dinner and more movies.
In our jammies watching movies.
PCVs & PC staff at the Ambassador's house.
And Santa even made it to Mongolia (at least according to the Google Santa Tracker).
All in all, it was a very nice third Mongol Christmas. I was able to Skype home on (central time) Christmas day and hear about all the wonderful things Santa brought Makade. Hopefully next year I can see it in person!


No comments:
Post a Comment